Monday 1 December 2014

What's Your Story? - Zvonimir

Introduction and Captions by Ilmari
Answers by Zvonimir

Kickstarters dedicated to adventure games show that the genre is still not dead, but alive and kicking well. One group of eager adventure gamer creators, Studio Spektar, sent us a shameless plug in guise of What's Your Story -answers by one of their member, Zvonimir. Their home page promises a cartoonish adventure set in the former empire of Austro-Hungary. Because of our love of adventure games, we decided to let this shameless plug go through. So, I'll let Zvonimir speak next!

The crew
Zvonimir is the one on the right. Nice dressing style, guys!
My home country is… Croatia! Part of ex-Yugoslavia and also part of ex Empire of Austria-Hungary. We share the Adriatic sea with Italy.

My age is… 34. It will be 35 in about a week

The first adventure game I played was… Indiana Jones 3. A friend from elementary school showed it to me on his Amiga while I still had my Commodore 64 and I was blown away. First I saw the train intro and then he loaded the part with the castle. We didn't know too much English and had no idea what "leather" means, but we still laughed at the "Hi, I'm selling these fine leather jackets" joke and how it worked on a first guard, but not on the second one.

My favourite adventure game is… I'm not sure if Star Control 2 counts as an adventure, but it's my
favorite game of all time. Also, Loom.

I am pretty sure this is not an adventure game...

When I’m not playing games I like to… Draw, animate, play tabletop RPG's, LARP, board games and lately work on Viktor :)

I like my games in (a box, digital format)… digital. CD's get old and I don't really use my CD-ROM anymore (I think it has been broken for a few years, I never bothered to check). But I like books and maps :)

The thing I miss about old games is… Actually useful physical supplements. I remember playing Sid Meyer's Pirates! with a real map and it's one of my fondest childhood memories.

The best thing about modern games is… Convenient and helpful interface. It's hard to be nostalgic when the old games are cluncky and hard to play. I tried playing Little Big Adventure a few days ago and almost cried with frustration.


I know how you feel, I cried out at the time when this was released!

The one TV show I never miss is… You can't do that on television

If I could see any band live it would be… Katzenjammer!

My favourite movie is… 12 Monkeys

One interesting thing about me is… I am one of three people in Studio Spektar. We are making Viktor, a two dimensional point and click adventure set in a steampunk early 20th century Austro-Hungarian Empire with subtle political parodies, just enough to still make it kid-friendly. We just tried to go on a Kickstarter. Visit us and express your opinion :)

Will we be seeing Viktor in this blog in the distant future?

2 comments:

  1. I'm pledging just because you're here, Zvonmir. Not much, but that's all what I can afford right now. I hate X'mas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never get the hang of the combat in Star Control 2. Too quick for me I think, I wish it was turn-based. I did enjoy the strange alien races and the exploration of the galaxy though. I've been meaning to give it another try, but haven't found the time. A little while ago, the free remake was updated massively, and can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/

    Also, 12 Monkeys is one of my favourite films of all time!

    ReplyDelete